The results are in – our new raingarden and natural play space are officially a hit with the parents (and kids) at SPK.
Families were surveyed earlier this year about the new water-wise play space and rain garden to gauge their understanding of, and satisfaction with, the project.
Of the 46 respondents that replied to the survey (approximately two thirds of our kinder population), more than 95% were happy or very happy with the raingarden and natural play space.
This response is reflected by the children’s current use of the area, with teachers reporting that the water tanks are “nearly 95% empty by the end of a session!”
Communication about the project has also been successful, with articles appearing in the SPK newsletter and online, an information board available in the foyer, and a launch presentation made as part of the popular Easter Morning Tea event.
More than 70% of respondents reported that they were familiar with the concept of whole-of-water-cycle management, and 87% knew what a raingarden was. And more than 90% also said they were happy or very happy with the way in which the project had been undertaken.
Parent comments from the survey
- New to this kinder – a fabulous asset and a “deal closer” for choosing this kinder. Very lucky children and teachers and parents.
- A great area for the children. A good learning experience as well.
- Lovely idea & concept!
- My child loves the water pump!
- It’s a fabulous and different/unique instalment for the play space. Great to see the children interacting with the space and activities it creates and the interactions it creates between the children. Well done team. Innovative in both concept and implementation. Thanks!
- All good. Children seem to love it.
- This is a wonderful resource that is loved by the children.
- It’s great seeing the kids play with this!
- What a beautiful addition to the kinder program. Thankyou
- The raingarden is really lovely – a great concept for all
- More information about the plants and how/why the kids are using it during sessions. Lovely work – the raingarden and surrounds look fantastic and the stream was well used over summer especially
- Absolutely love it!
- Congratulations to all involved as it’s just fabulous. My children love it as do we as parents. Amazing space and huge improvement to the kindergarten. Well done!
- Love it!