Summerhill Park Kindergarten has been an integral part of the local community for more than 60 years. The knowledge gained over this time, along with our committed and caring teachers, ensures we provide children with an enjoyable and educational kindergarten program.
Our tranquil parkland setting with playground, and close proximity to local schools and cafes, offer families opportunities to interact and get to know each other. A range of fundraising events and social gatherings are also organised throughout the year so your whole family can become part of our kindergarten community.
Our teaching team
SPK employs staff with the appropriate early childhood qualifications and experience to meet regulatory requirements.
Educator – Georgie Favaro (DipEd ECE ’91)
Assistant – Denise Taylor
Educator/Director – Megan Bennett (BECS ‘95)
Assistant – Rebecca Meyer
Lunchtime Assistant – Michelle Gilchrist
Educator – Christine Pritenang (DipTeachEC ‘82)
Assistant – Michelle Gilchrist
Our facilities are continually being updated to enhance your child’s kindergarten experience. Our flexible indoor and outdoor spaces are adapted to the needs of each group – and the weather!
Our flexible and spacious classroom is continually adapted to include:
- interesting new play & learning spaces as children develop over the year
- displays of creative art
- special event focus areas, such as chicken hatching, sea creatures, autumn displays etc
- a range of toys & tools to encourage participation & creative play, such as dress ups, building blocks, home corner etc
- reading corner
Our large outdoor environment and all-weather play areas encourage interaction and play in active and creative spaces:
- fixed structures – climbing cubby house and bridge, slide, sandpit & mudpit (gumboots welcome!)
- native garden and ‘creek bed’ with landscaped and natural bridges, tea-tree branch cubby house, rain garden and hand water pumps
- adaptable play spaces, such as monkey bars & adaptable swings
- turfed area for creative & group play
- seasonal vegetable gardening
- group seating area
- large range of toys to interact with in different ways (eg, large wooden and foam blocks, prams, wheelbarrows, tunnels, tools, cooking gear etc)
We also make use of the surrounding Summerhill Park playground, grassed areas and linear park for social events, active play and exploring nature.